World of Tanks' Co-Op Assault Update Comes to Consoles

World of Tanks, one of the most popular free-to-play games on the Xbox One and Xbox 360, is receiving its latest patch in the form of Update 3.7: “Co-Op Assault.” As its name would imply, a new co-op mode is being added. There are also changes to the map rotation along with some new achievements.

The co-op mode is called Proving Grounds and it can be enjoyed by yourself plus one other player. Fear not if you don’t have a friend who plays World of Tanks; you can play alongside the AI if you don’t have anyone to join you. The AI can be given basic commands using the radial menu, such as “Follow me” or “Request fire” or pinging them to move to a location you ping out. Of course, you can also choose to be placed into a lobby with another player who needs a partner.

There are four different scenarios:

Heilbronn Assault (standard): Destroy all enemies or capture the enemy base
Dukla Pass Assault (assault): Keep your base defended, or destroy all enemies
Thiepval Ridge Assault (standard): Destroy all enemies or capture the enemy base
Murovanka - Winter Assault (standard): Destroy all enemies or capture the enemy base

The Windstorm map will be arriving on consoles for the very first time. It’s snowy and “lends plenty of spots for varied tactics.”

The Port map is also making a comeback. If you don’t remember this one, it is “set in an industrial port city with plenty of buildings, highways and warehouses to hold and use as cover.”

Two maps have also been given a rainy atmosphere. There’s Thiepval Ridge - Thunderstorm and Ghost Town - Thunderstorm. Just like driving in inclement weather in real life, you’ll have reduced visibility. In addition, radio range won’t be as far as a regular map.

If you’re an achievement hunter, you’ve probably noticed the new batch we just scanned in for World of Tanks. As usual, they’re only for the Xbox One version and not the Xbox 360 version, as the last-gen edition has “maxed out on the allowed amount” according to the patch notes.

Strangely enough, they don’t seem to have anything to do with the new co-op mode. According to the patch notes, these two achievements are “grandfathered,” meaning you should unlock them if you’ve already met the requirements:

The World War achievement in World of Tanks worth 50 points
Destroy 1000 tanks in multiplayer.

The Top Shelf achievement in World of Tanks worth 25 points
Research a tier X of each class.

The others are not grandfathered and will have to be unlocked anew once the update comes out:

The Vive la France achievement in World of Tanks worth 40 points
Destroy 4 enemy tanks in a single multiplayer match while using a French tank.

The Eyes Peeled achievement in World of Tanks worth 15 points
Earn 15 or more spotting assist ribbons during a multiplayer battle.

The The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen achievement in World of Tanks worth 10 points
Play at least five matches Ranked Battles.

The Ten by Ten achievement in World of Tanks worth 10 points
Win and survive ten battles in a tier X.

For the detailed patch notes and bug fixes, be sure to check out the official patch log.

The game will also be down briefly in order to push out the new update:

PS4 server downtime: (09:00 UTC, 04:00 CDT, 02:00 PDT)
Xbox server downtime: (11:00 UTC, 06:00 CDT, 04:00 PDT)
The patch goes live after the above times on May 2nd.

1 Like

I haven’t touched this game in a long time. I’ll have to pick it up again and check out this update.

I was super addicted to this game…helldivers stole me away bit nite try out the new modes at least