Wreckfest

Racing games are a dime a dozen nowadays. If you want to play a true racing sim, DiRT 4 is a safe bet. If maybe an arcade experience is more your taste, why not Forza Horizon 3? With plenty of options available, one would think, “I’ve experienced every type of racing title there is”. Developer Bugbear Entertainment decided to bring something new to the table with their upcoming game Wreckfest.

Wreckfest isn’t your stereotypical racing game. Gamers now can experience a full blown demolition derby. Players are encouraged to smash into the competition in hopes to be the last car rolling. The title boasts sophisticated driving dynamics, extremely detailed upgrades as well as its damage system. If that isn’t enough, the game will also offer traditional track races in case you get tuckered from bashing your car in derbies. It seems like the title is focused on insane crashes while attempting to provide both a simulation and arcade experience. See all the action in the trailer below.

Wreckfest has no set release date. It’s estimated to arrive on consoles in the late 2017/early 2018 window.

3 Likes

Wednesday,Wednesday,Wednesday - GRG Demolition Derby - Get drunk, race, crash, and get a fucking concussion. Coming soon to a GRG Community Night near yooouuuuuu!

5 Likes

It’s just a week until launch for the early access version of Wreckfest on Steam, and the developers are celebrating with a new trailer for the car destruction racing game. It feels good sometimes to drive a tractor through a barn or knock a car into a billboard and that’s what the game is all about. See it for yourself in today’s trailer.

Wreckfest will launch November 20th.

@D1G1TALC1PHERS has this for PC. It will be leaving Early Access on PC on 6/14 with the price going up from $39.99 to $44.99. I likely will be joining Dig in some crashing of bodies…cars that is.

This game has GRG written all over it. I ran 20+ 10 lap figure 8 banger races. There are so much fun and I was running them with a under powered car. As soon as I get home I have a video to upload to youtube and will post it.

I trust you, you will know… Will I like it? And is there wheel support?

Yes I think you will like it. Not sure about wheel support. It is a small indie team. It comes out for xbox in November.

I will say that if it does have wheel support be ready for a work out. There is so much contact at all times. The physics and destruction are really good as well as feeling the surface you are driving on.

1 Like

If they have wheel support I’m in! Looks fun!

1 Like

I smells a GRG tourney coming in November.

2 Likes

A must stream moment for all. It will be so fun.

1 Like

In the first Mod Spotlight from publisher THQ Nordic’s YouTube channel, the team focuses on Moon Gravity as cars go flying in the air and cover ridiculous distances in the upcoming arcade racing title Wreckfest. Prepare for takeoff and a terrible landing with the simple but hilarious offering in the following video.

Wreckest brings racing carnage to the Xbox One on November 20th.