Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family plan launches in Ireland and Colombia

Microsoft has now unveiled details and initial pricing for its Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family plan, which is now being trialled in both Ireland and Colombia.

Not long after a logo for the Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family plan leaked, Microsoft officially announced the new plan for users in both Ireland and Colombia. In Ireland, the new service costs €21.99 a month, while those in Colombia will be charged 49,990 COP.

Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family plan launches in Ireland and Colombia

The Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family Plan offers up to five users all the usual benefits of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, including PC Game Pass, Xbox Cloud Gaming, Xbox Live Gold, and EA Play. The new plan isn’t restricted to just those living under one roof, so anyone can join a Friends & Family plan providing they live in the same country as the primary account holder.

In Ireland, a single Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription costs $12.99 a month, so if you were to find four other people who also wanted to share the cost of the new plan, it would cost less than €5 per month per person to get all the benefits of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which is a pretty good deal. Pricing and rollout of the plan for other regions are yet to be announced, but Microsoft has said in an FAQ that “future countries/regions might be added in the next months.”

Microsoft has also detailed how switching to the Friends & Family plan will affect any remaining time you have left on an existing subscription:

• 30 days Xbox Game Pass Ultimate converts to 18 days Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family
  • 30 days Xbox Game Pass (Console) converts to 12 days Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family
  • 30 days PC Game Pass converts to 12 days Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family
  • 30 days Xbox Live Gold converts to 12 days Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family
  • 30 days EA Play converts to 6 days Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family

@XBoxGamers

Been waiting for this…I’ll pay the $15 or $25 but not 45 for this shit (both my kids have Xboxes and they currently share my account.Pia as it is now