XBox March Update

Anyone get the new Update for the XBox yet? How is it?

A few key updates:

Faster Home Menu

One of the first things you’ll notice with this update is a new look for Home on Xbox One. We made these changes to simplify the UI and increase overall system performance. To do that, we’ve optimized for speed and are prioritizing the most valuable content for your games. Now, you’ll see a smaller icon for the game with options to dive deeper into the community surrounding the game, as well as the ability to interact with your Club or find Looking for Group posts, view your Achievements and more. If you do not have a custom background set, you’ll see that the updated Home also spotlights the game you’re currently playing by featuring hero art as your Xbox background.

Faster Guide

The next thing you’re likely to notice is that the Guide has been updated. With one press of the Xbox button on your controller, you can now pull up the newly enhanced Guide as an overlay on the left side of your screen. No matter what you’re doing, the new Guide experience puts the features and functionality that you use the most right at your fingertips. The first page of the Guide is designed to get you to the content you care about most, including your Games and Apps, Home, Store, your recently launched applications, the latest Games and Deals with Gold for Xbox Live Gold members, and your top Pins. If you have music playing in the background from any number of apps, you can access the controls directly from the Guide, enabling you to control play, pause, rewind, fast forward, and manage volume controls. Finally, you’ll be able to capture screenshots and record video with a simple press of a button. And in the GameDVR menu, you now have easier access to capture gameplay and to modify your options – when recording, you’ll see in the menu overlay that it lasts up to 5 minutes and within the Guide, you can also ‘Record this’ for up to 10 minutes.

Beam App

now stream your Xbox gameplay directly from the Guide on your Xbox One, with the ability to manage your Beam broadcasts and interact with fellow gamers on chat overlays that appear on your screen. If you’ve never tried to broadcast your gameplay before, this is the easiest way to get started as you don’t have to download any extra software – Beam broadcasting is built right into your Xbox One. Once you start streaming, Beam makes it easy to connect and engage with your viewers no matter where they are. You’ll also find the new Beam viewing app in My Games and Apps, which lets you watch, chat, and interact with your favorite game streamers in near real-time. To learn more, check out our Beam article.

Has anyone messed around with Beam? I know we have a few streamers in GRG. We have a Twitch Channel and I believe @beers_and_leafs set up a Beam channel. I’m just curious to how well that works and would that be something we all would like to move to?

BTW, we do have auto hosting on our Twitch Channel. Shoot me a message if you’d like to be in the rotation.

Ha, I finally figure out how to work this thing and they change it!

2 Likes

I have had it for what seems to be a month now. After a day of getting used to the location of everything I love the new layout. It is also snappier.

The BEAM streaming app on the other hand is a big pile of shit but it will get better I assume. I hate the twitch app too so I don’t expect to much from them. You can’t beat a good a capture card.

Recording clips/screenshots is super easy now without a kinect. Just hit the home button and press X or Y.

Yeah I am also liking the new layout. Also bringing up the menu and friends list does seem a lot quicker.

So yesterday I installed insiders hub and requested joining the preview program. I think.

All I know is I went on to get my Sea of Thieves alpha “key” and found the program. Idk

1 Like