Xbox One - Next Major System Update by Larry Herb

Larry Hryb, Xbox Live’s Major Nelson and Mike Ybarra, from Platform Engineering, walk through the next major system update for gaming on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC, designed to make the Xbox gaming experience more fun, personalized, and social than ever before.

Watched this morning also time will tell if it feels like a good change or not once we get our hands on it. Looks good

Nice, but I’m waiting foe that update where we can completely customize my Avatar.

I have the update. I hate it right now but only because it’s different. Just need some time with it and get it customized the way I like.

Edited to add: Looks like I am not the only one. A few post in the insiders club saying they are not liking it, It is sloppy, unorganized, and a mess.

2 Likes

I like the idea of being able to customize the dashboard more. I just wish it wasnt getting completely changed each update. To me it seems more reasonable to update differ components over time and allow the userbase to slowly adjust instead of one big here you go.

I am still crotchety and miss the old 360 design.

I actually liked it the way they had it. I don’t get the need to change it up so soon. I would prefer them just adding customization to the current dashboard.

I like some parts of it, but some parts I’m not a fan of yet. I like that we can customize it, but I want more customizing options and a way to sort friends.