Anthem Mega Thread

Yeah I watched your clip on Twitch and heard you saying something like “Wait, didn’t I already do that?”.

1 Like

I was excited too. Oh well. Lol

Whats everyone’s opinion of the game thus far? the controls seem kind of clunky to me, i’m starting to lean towards not picking it up at launch

Seems the xbox servers are getting better. Was able to complete the first expedition without any issues. Controls are good movement is a bit floaty combat is fun.

Game reminds more of warframe than Destiny with maybe a little monster hunter thrown in. I say MH due to the way missions / expeditions are set up.

3 Likes

I read somewhere that PC controls were supposedly already improved since the version being used for the demo.

Can’t find the source for that again though, will post here if I do.

1 Like

You mean the Colossus shouldn’t feel like it’s made of paper? I think it should have a big energy shield as well. Big mass, slow recharge would work I think.

BTW The website to give out codes is working. Check this thread:

1 Like

Talks about whats differ from what we are playing. So hopefully that means the colossus is actually tanky.

1 Like

God I hope so. Cause it’s pretty squishy right now.

Seemed a little better with some of the add-ons

Loving the game!

1 Like

Definitely need to find and use the Colossus components! Here is a good post on reddit explaining it well:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that was the player not the javelin.

1 Like

It’s a great loading screen simulator! The farthest I got in the game was getting in the power suit thing and then watching the loading screen. I did this multiple times on different days with no luck. I will give the open demo a run but i don’t see EA getting my money.

1 Like

When you get stuck in the loading screen you can go to dashboard, quit the game, and reload. Nine times out of ten it puts you in the expedition.

2 Likes

Works every time for me doing this.

New complait. Fucking AFKers!!! Had to quit and rejoin just to respawn and revive my other 2 team mates before we all finally just quit due to 1 guy. Had to quit out at the boss fight on stronghold due to this last night as well.

1 Like

C-C-C-COMBO!

1 Like

Very useful to know.

Never understood why companies don’t make this information available, I suppose they like the idea of the userbase working it out and then sharing online - all driving buzz, blog articles and guides.

1 Like

2 Likes

I heard about this game a week ago, I should really peruse the forums more lol

3 Likes

I played quite a bit today and was pleasantly surprised with the game play. Went with the Storm Javelin when I could pick my next one and had fun. Def love feeling like Iron Man flying around shooting shit. Other than tons of Blue screens and the loading screen hangs I liked it overall. I’ll likely pick this up at launch.

3 Likes

I played for about an hour maybe.
Enjoyed 4/5 lockups forcing me to hard restart the game.

Gameplay was smooth when I finally got into a mission and who doesn’t want to fly, iron-man style? Didn’t get enough time to judge the gunplay or fighting really, level design looked beautiful though.

I’m definitely interested but I might wait for some early bugs to be fixed before paying for this.
Should be on next weekend for the open demo though.

Pro: Flying
Con: Infinite loading screens

3 Likes