Any bass fishermen?

I like catching the little ones. Fuckers got some fight to them.

These sure did. I set the boys drag a little light so they would peel a little line off. We had a blast.

Hey Dig, have you tried the Lucky Tackle Boxes yet? I just signed up for 3 months. Figured it was worth a try. It would at least get me to try some baits I might not otherwise try.

I have done Lucky Tackle Box, Mystery Tackle Box, and Tackle Grab. Lucky is by far the best IMO. I had to stop getting them as I ran out of room in my tackle bag. Almost all my terminal tackle has come from those. I also have had luck on a lot of the plastics that I probably would have never tried. You normally get your money out of it just for the hard bait.

I was talking to my dad this week about getting a Jon boat for our local lake so we could fish together. He showed me thisā€¦

Looks like a cheap ABS plastic boat you get for $500 at bass pro, but it isnā€™t. Outside of the science of the molding process that makes it better it also has 2 36 HP MotorGuide trolling motors recessed into the hulls and is completely hands free unless you add the 2-3 HP gas motor. The motors are protected by weed guards that allow it to run in 10 inches of water, over trees, lily pads, and grass. Motors covered by Motor Guide warranty but can be replaced by the user for $150.

It only weighs 175 pounds with the motors. Weight capacity is 565 lbs. More than the Jon boat I was looking at.

The stability is what sold meā€¦

Dad said he was going to order the boat this week so I am going to get this for it as a surpriseā€¦

Nice little unit. We can connect our phones or tablets and get a view of the sonar. So both people can see it if they want. Also has Bluetooth to connect to power poles if we decided to slap a mini on it.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty awesome, hope it works out for you. Let us know how it goes

If Lala gets his wish I will sink it the first day.

2 Likes

Fuck Lala. Donā€™t let him get his way, at least not on this

1 Like

I had seen the boat advertised but didnā€™t know how stable it was. Looks very cool.

load up your pockets with rocks first.

you should invite him to go fishing.

Dig, whats the price on that Lawrance unit?

How big is the screen?

That is the 5" they also have a 7" in this model.

Price comes down to the transducer. The new total scan transducer (Sonar, Downscan, Structure scan) all in one transducer is $599 for the 5". This unit also has the new CHIRP sonar. If you donā€™t care about structure scan I think it drops $100+ off the unit.

This is Lowranceā€™s mid range unit between The Elite and HDS series. It actually runs on the same OS and same processor as the HDS units that cost $2500+. The new HDS units have 3D structure scan though. Simply amazing technology.

Dad has a 12" HDS GEN 2 on his pontoon boat. It is nuts. All his motors and all itā€™s info shows up on the screen, as well as underwater cameras, and other shit. I just canā€™t see paying that much for a fish finder. $500 or $600 is my max.

1 Like

Great set up Dig and H2ā€¦ I love using and twitching white pearl flukes in spring!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll take a black back with chartreuse belly and a red one. Thanks!

WTFā€¦ chartreuse??? Really?

Sigh.

I need to get busy and get me a decent airbrush. I have a 40 year old Badger my dad gave me. I need to just pick up something new and get busy painting. If I can ever get one completely finished, I will send you a couple to ā€œtestā€ for me.

1 Like

L2FISH before you come in here talking shit. That is a very popular color in fishing lures.

3 Likes

I saw those. I enjoy the woodworking process of it all. That is why I decided to start from scratch. I did order some bills, belly weights and some screw eyes from them.

1 Like