Battlefield V Mega Thread

Players are going back to where the Battlefield franchise started with DICE’s next title; Battlefield V is heading back to World War II. However, DICE promises that this will be a never before seen portrayal of WWII with new locations and new aspects of the conflict. Players should be able to create their own Battlefield moments thanks to new effects, an overhauled movement system and a renewed destructive system. We have all of the details for you.

First, the team started with the gameplay modes and multiplayer was the best place to begin. A new gameplay mode, Grand Operations, was introduced. These are like the Operations from Battlefield 1 but are bigger. They cover multiple game modes, take place over multiple maps, and they’re all wrapped up in a four-day narrative journey that covers historical moments from World War II. The example that the team gave was an Operation that began on the first day where the team jumps from a plane, and the objective is to destroy enemy artillery, all while the enemy is digging in to protect their equipment. Your success completely depends on your actions from the day before — use up too many lives and you’ll have nothing left for the end, but be too efficient and you’ll never see the last stage. In this Operation, day four is a final stand situation with no resources left. Unless the teams get stuck in a stalemate situation where lives are lost and ammo is used up, this final stage will never be seen. More of this mode will be shown at EA Play on June 9th.

The single player War Stories mode will also be returning and continues the anthology format of Battlefield 1. Once again, the aim of this mode is to bring war into perspective with untold stories of real and relatable characters and their experiences. Players will meet new characters, the men and women who changed history. One of them will be told from the perspective of a female Nowegian Resistance fighter, battling against the German occupation.

Alongside the expected multiplayer modes and the returning single player War Stories, co-op gameplay will be returning to the franchise. Known as Combined Arms, this mode allows up to four players to team up online and take on the roles of the pathfinders and paratroopers that go behind enemy lines. Here, players only have each other to rely on and detection might mean death. Resources will be scarce and it’s up to the players to find their way to the objective. If they don’t think they have the resources to continue, they can extract, but then that would mean starting from the beginning again.

The team then moved on to the weapons and vehicles in the game. The team wants to mirror the vast arsenal of the second World War. This means planes, tank battles, and secret weapons from the period that were powerful enough to turn the tide of battle. One new aspect will be Fortifications. Whereas every player had a gas mask in Battlefield 1, now every player will have a toolbox. This allows support players to focus on objectives rather than direct combat. They can build reinforcements like foxholes instead of mounted guns. In previous games, battles that have taken quite a while often mean that the entire map is levelled thanks to the game’s destruction systems. Fortifications allows players to counter that and make it still possible to advance.

Players are bound to have their favourite weapons and vehicles. The new Company feature allows players to create their own collection of soldiers, weapons, and vehicles, and to customise them as they see fit. These customisations will not only affect how the item looks, but also how it plays. As a soldier progresses, he/she unlocks more abilities and perks specific to their class. As weapons are used, they’re levelled up and can be customised more specifically to your style of play to create what would feel like a personal arsenal. All of this can only be earned by playing the game — there will not be any pay to win.

Continuing on the theme of paid content, Battlefield V will not have a Premium Pass. Players will no longer have to pay for additional maps or game modes, and DICE hopes this will keep the game’s community together. Instead, through Tides of War, the team hopes to create an evolving and diverse game that introduces different theatres of war in the months following the game’s launch. These themed chapters will cover new battles and new fronts, spanning key moments of the WWII conflict. These may span several months of gameplay, but they will certainly bring new rewards for players — new vehicles, weapons, dog tags, emblems, face paints, and skins for weapons and soldiers. The first Tides of War chapter will focus on the fall of Europe, specifically on the German mechanised war machine that’s pushing its way into Europe.

The reveal trailer showcases just how chaotic this game is likely to be, and what it means to create your own Battlefield moments.

https://youtu.be/fb1MR85XFOc

Battlefield V launches on October 19th. The Tides of War content starts in November.

1 Like

I had no interest until I saw the video yesterday. I’ll probably pre-order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD6foia1Tc4&feature=youtu.be

1 Like

and here is the real teaser. (just gonna add to this @Grex) @battlefieldplayers

EA and DICE are set to reveal details for Battlefield V later today, giving fans of the long-running franchise the chance to see in what direction this year’s release will be going.

At the moment, we don’t have much info about Battlefield V. In a recent earnings call, EA CEO Andrew Willson said that the game will include “compelling single-player stories”, possibly hinting at a similar campaign structure to the one introduced in Battlefield 1.

Rumours last year suggested that 2018’s instalment would be Bad Company 3, but more recently, there have been stronger indications that the series will be returning to a World War 2 setting for the first time since 2009’s Battlefield 1943. This seems to be more likely based on the British and Iron flags on show in the very brief teaser trailer below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIYNJlDa7Bw

The live stream of the Battlefield V reveal begins at 9 PM BST / 10 PM CEST / 4 PM EST / 1 PM PST, and you can watch it live using the embedded player below:
https://youtu.be/Yg5AOmEv6tQ?t=55m

1 Like

here is the the reveal trailer.

2 Likes

I’m almost shocked by this. I thought they’d never give up Premium but they have been with BF1. You can get those map packs free. I’m glad to see this as the player population is so small on the newer maps. It just divides the player base.

1 Like

Looks like CoD reveal trailer.

I am quite excited by this.
I was disappointed with BF1, I think the time period and therefore equipment didn’t suit me - hoping that WWII does.

I can see myself either loving this and playing a huge amount or losing interest just like I did with BF1.

Probably going to be an early purchase either way though.

EA kicked off its E3 conference this year with a Battlefield V segment. An emphasis was placed on new gameplay elements, while a battle royale mode was announced as well.

In terms of gameplay, Battlefield V will feature moveable defences and heavy weaponry, as well as environments that are even more easily destroyed than before. For example, tanks will be able to completely plough through buildings so that cover will be even more difficult to find. These gameplay features, along with the others for which Battlefield is known, will all be present in the game’s newly announced battle royale mode. Not many details about the mode were given, but more of the game will be shown off at Microsoft’s E3 conference tomorrow.

Battlefield V is set to launch on October 19th, but it can be pre-ordered here to gain early access to the open beta.

1 Like

I was on BF1 this weekend and ea is running a 10% off sale on the super mega deluxe diamond encrusted platinum edition. Down from 80 to 72 dollars.

BFV trailer. Even a sneak peak at the BR mode. The fire ring looks cool.

The release of Battlefield V is just two months away, and DICE’s “Road to Battlefield V” promotion is gaining momentum. The result is a trio of free DLC expansions for two of the earlier Battlefield titles: Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 4. There’s also a new trailer for the upcoming title, showing how war devastated Rotterdam.

As the title suggests, the minute trailer begins with a look at the Rotterdam multiplayer map, inspired by a battle that took place between German soldiers and Dutch resistance fighters in May 1940. The peaceful streets are no indication of the chaos about to unfold as destruction and death take hold of the city. You get to see some of the improved soldier movement as they jump, slide, vault, roll and dive across the map, and jump out of windows when they’re desperate.

The course of battle is altered when the devastating V-1 rocket ploughs into a building, bringing it down, destroying a nearby bridge, and heavily altering the terrain of the surrounding area. As one of the heavy duty Reinforcements, this is a bonus that squads will be able to earn through effective squad play and teamwork. Other Reinforcements include “supply drops, smoke screens, and the flame-throwing Churchill Crocodile tank”. The transformed Rotterdam streets form the next multiplayer map on show: Devastation. There are now new approaches, defensive positions, and obstacles to overcome. This map draws inspiration from the same battle as the first, just from a later part of the month when the streets are showing the scars of war. Together the maps will feature in one of the first Grand Operations, the Battle of Holland.

As the battle comes to a close, a flare is sent skyward to tell the soldier’s teammates where the enemy is located. The spot button has been removed from the game and intel must be gathered either through the use of flares or through Scouts. As planes cross the sky, we find ourselves on a new battlefield — Twisted Steel — set in the French countryside during the inital German invasion of France. The majority of the battlefield is marshland, but there’s also a bridge that provides a vital strategic point in Conquest, or a great spot for building Fortifications. The battle then moves to North Africa in the Hamada map, one of two North African maps in the game at launch. The area is a “strategic point between Libya and Egypt and the scene of pivotal battles between the Axis and Allies during 1941 and 1942”.

The very end of the trailer shows a brief glimpse of the Battle Royale mode, with a circle of fire taking on the role of the boundary of the ever decreasing playing field — you won’t want to hang around in the same spot for long. More details on the Battle Royale mode have been promised soon, and they’ll likely appear during next week at Gamescom.

While you wait for Battlefield V , DICE is giving away three DLC expansions for their previous titles to get you in the mood. Currently available is “Apocalypse” for Battlefield 1 , and “China Rising” and “Naval Strike” DLCs for Battlefield 4 . These DLCs are only free to download until August 21st, so make sure you “purchase” them before that date. They will remain in your purchase history for you to use once the offer has ended.

Battlefield V is due to be released on October 19th.

1 Like

Thanks @beers_and_leafs - I grabbed that free BF1 DLC.

BFV Beta preloads on September 3rd. Open beta starts the 4th for people signed up to Origins new monthly premier service, and the 6rh for everyone else. Can’t find out how long it is, but it might just be the weekend. Columbus day is that Monday, so maybe they’ll squeak an extra day in too.

New drivers out from Nvidia with BFV tweaks.

To be clear, not entirely accurate.

How Do I Get in Early?
If you subscribe to either EA Access, Origin Access, Origin Access Premier, or pre-order** a copy of Battlefield V today on PC, Xbox One, or PlayStation 4, you’ll get early access to the Open Beta starting September 4.

scuttlebut

1 Like

Sounds interesting. Wonder if that update would get played more than 5? The nostalgia and fanboy love of BFBC2 is strong.

1 Like

This is disappointing for me, given that I’ve pre-ordered it…