BEER. What's in your glass?

This is good.

Here’s a local Seattle beer that I’ve been drinking. It’s really friggin good. I am not a huge fan of coffee based beers, but this is superb.

http://www.elysianbrewing.com/elysian-beers/split-shot/

http://www.elysianbrewing.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/BeerPage_Splitshot.png

Das boot!

1 Like

http://www.regalwine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Free-Will-logo.jpg

I stopped by a little micro brewery on my way home from skiing today. Nice little shop in a small town that I used to live in (Perkasie). It’s called Free Will Brewing. They have an awesome tap room with a shit ton of their beers on tap. There was at least 20+ people there hanging out. I’d like to check this place out again sometime when I don’t have my kids.

I bought two 64 ounce growlers from them (5 bucks per growler, 10 to fill). I got their Community Kolsch and their Belgian Pale Ale (no link to that beer). I drank the Kolsch tonight, it’s a nice beer. One I think the wife might actually like. I haven’t had the Belgian yet. Maybe tomorrow.

I do love these micro breweries. I have a few other local ones I need to try out as well.

I enjoy your review… I went to the new sister brewery of my local brewery… they had a guest beer from Victory, Biere de Mars… really good. strong ale flavor. board said limited realease so dunno if thats keg limited or region limited…

found this tonight at Walgreens!!! Brewery is about an hour south of me. crack it open later when its cold.

Just cracked open one of these babies. this is FANTASTIC!!! Didn’t know there were only 1000 bottles filled… saving this bitch.

ABV=9.8% IBU=50

2014 Best Florida Beer Championships Gold Medal – Imperial Stout
Venture into the depths of complex flavor with this Imperial Stout.
The deepest and darkest of them all, the Mariana Trench is only brewed
once a year. Proceed with caution.
Interesting Fact: Named after the deepest part of the earth’s oceans, the Mariana Trench will debuted in January 2014.
Food Pairings: Large hunks of red meat

1 Like

Nice! I like the food pairing suggestion.

You just like large meat

2 Likes

I’m way behind. I’ve had some really good beer in the last few weeks.
AWESOME BEER -
http://www.hardywood.com/sites/g/files/g281101/f/styles/large/public/201402/Hardywood%20Raspberry%20Stout_0.png
Very good beers -

Six Point makes some other good beers. I’ve enjoyed the Resin, also. Most of their beers pack a punch though.

I didn’t love the Burton Baton. I didn’t pick up much of the oak aged flavor.
http://community.mis.temple.edu/drinkabeer/files/2014/04/Dogfish-Head-Burton-Baton1.jpg

More soon…

1 Like

One more… also very good - A collaboration between Devil’s Backbone from VA and Ninkasi from OR.

1 Like

I was just at a place that had Hardywood on tap. The wife and I played hooky from work and we hit the Iron Abbey (they have a ton of different beers). I’ll get a pint of it the next time I’m there.

1 Like

I think they are one of the better breweries on the East Coast.

I havent heard of Hardywood. its a shame that all the places with 25+ beer taps are in the upper class plazas like downtown palm beach where its 7+ for a beer, usually 8-9 for a hard hitter and only a 10oz pour.

local brewery has spoiled me with $4.50 for 20oz.

Ninkasi makes some good beer. I’ve been doing a lot of the local and NW Beers and I have only been disappointed in a couple.

15 days without a new beer? For shame.

I’ve been slacking as well. Last week we did another round of the beer trade at work. Got a few beers in a can, which I preferred (stacks easier in my little dorm beer fridge).

Ellie’s Brown Ale - Avery Brewing Company This was my beer this month. Avery is a fan favorite here. Also my kid picked it out as it has a Chocolate Lab on the bottle (we have a Chocolate Lab). I wasn’t too fond of this beer though. I didn’t really like it at all. Maybe brown ales aren’t my thing.

http://brewchief.com/pics/review/146.jpg

Beer Camp: Hoppy Lager (2015) - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. This is still in my fridge so I can’t comment on it yet.

Otter Creek Citra Mantra - Otter Creek Brewing / Wolaver’s I didn’t expect to like this beer, I’m not sure why. I was pleasantly surprised as it was really good. It’s a very easy drinking beer. I’d get it again.

J.A.W.N. Juicy Ale With Nugget - Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company This is from a local micro brewery, about 15 minutes from my house. I really enjoyed this beer. I need to go visit this place one day.

Day Of The Dead Beer (Cerveza De Los Muertos) Immortal Beloved - Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V. A good beer, I’d like to get some more. Very easy to drink.

Hop Sun (Summer Wheat Beer) - Southern Tier Brewing Company Wheat beers scare me as I usually get horrible gas from them. Not with this one. Another really good beer.

Dale’s Pale Ale - Oskar Blues Grill & Brew This came in a can. It’s a really smooth pale ale.

NightTime - Lagunitas Brewing Company This is sitting in my fridge. I think I’m the only person that does not like any beer from Lagunitas. I’ll have to try it at some point, hopefully this beer changes my mind about the brewery.

Dead Rise Old Bay Summer Ale - Flying Dog Brewery

I wanted some easy light beers for the weekend. I picked up this as it’s a summer beer and they usually are light and refreshing. I didn’t read the label well enough and really paid no attention to the “old bay” name. I just figured it was a “shore” style beer.

WRONG, this actually has Old Bay in it. What they FLYING FUCK! I managed to get 1.5 beers down. The rest of the six pack is getting tossed. This has to be on of the grossest concepts in beer. I like Old Bay seasoning, ON FUCKING CRABS. Not in my beer.

And that shows you Beer Advocate is full of shit. No way this should get a 82. No fucking way. Stay clear of this shit.

1 Like

Save it and cook some shit with it. Steam shrimp in it or something.

1 Like

I had one of these last night after a few Hardywood Singels. Good stuff.

FYI - This is pretty interesting. I knew some of these were made by the big brewers. But some of them surprised me.