CoD WW2 Beta Thoughts

Figured I’d start a CoD Beta Discussion thread rather than have it continue in some random other thread.

So, what do you guys think of the beta? Do you like the new Divisions? The new game mode War? Was CoD WW2 able to return to it’s roots? And are you still planning on purchasing this title?

CoD Poll

After playing the beta will you still buy CoD WW2?

• Yes, I am still buying CoD.
  • No, passing on this CoD.
  • Undecided. I’m like Johnny during the ReaperCast. Can’t make a decision.

0 voters

1 Like

I played the beta on my son’s PS4, sorry COD but I’m spoiled by BF1. The graphics looked like it should play on my Android and the maps are just to small for my liking. That being said I have never been a COD player so the nostalgia is not there for me.

1 Like

I like the new mode War. I want to give it another day before I decided on if I am keeping my preorder or not. I have only played TDM and War. TDM can suck my nuts. My gripes with this version of COD are the same they have been for years so no reason to keep harping on them. It really comes down to whether I think I will play it on Community Night or if it will get pushed to the side for D2 or some other game.

1 Like

Nuff said, least more than likely for me.

Yes my counter would be dying.

4 Likes

I need to play it more. Getting thumped sucks but a lot of it is map awareness, which I had none of last night. I had a few issues last night with the game with the most obvious was Quick Scoping. We faced 2 teams in a row that mostly played as Snipers and they just mowed right through us. Popping someone with the Garand and then getting quick scoped sucked. Takes 2 shots with the Garand, 1 shot from a quick scope. There was just no way to win that battle.

I also learned that the other guns to use are the SMGs. Once I switched I started racking up kills. I got the 2nd SMG and it’s pretty solid and is nasty even with the Silencer on.

The maps in the beta leave a lot to be desired. I played a few maps on Domination and they were the typical 3 lane CoD maps but were very tight. I had a lot of problems on them but that’s mostly due to not knowing the maps. I’m sure that will change once I learn the routes.

War game mode is a blast and can be really tough. Especially building that fucking bridge. Smoke grenades are key for that part. I think it’s probably my favorite game mode in the game now. You’ll die a lot trying to PTFO but whatever. I wish they spaced the map out a bit wider.

I’m still up in the air if I’m keeping my pre-order. We’ll see.

2 Likes

Ill be on tonight, But i will mention I plan to be piss drunk in true GRG fashion

My 15 mins of hardpoint gameplay leave me not feeling great about the game.

Try the War game tonight where people might play the objective.

I don’t think you can judge a game in beta based off people not PTFOing. It’s a beta, most don’t care about winning or the objective. Hell, they may not even buy the game.

1 Like

True enough. It feels like a re-skin of the twichy gameplay of most recent Cod with WW2 name. Perhaps more gameplay will numb my brain enough not to care.

4 Likes

I will play it again today and tonight. Good point about the audio I noticed last night especially trying to sound whore a bit more, on the new map, not very accurate directionally. The small maps make it difficult as I find myself getting pushed in a direction other than where I am trying to go by other players just trying to play the game too. The maps are just too crowded. Archon seems better but have not learned the map yet. I already hate the camping spot on the stairs in the library that can’t be flanked.

Unfortunately that is my issue. I don’t know why I expected it to be anything but. I don’t guess will ever see the old school COD again.

This has been my issue with COD for awhile now. I don’t get why all the maps have to be so small. Even their larger maps are small. I think it’s why the spawns bother me so much. If the map was larger I don’t think the enemy would be spawning on you as often.

1 Like

CoD used to have large maps. MW1 and MW2. Black OPs they started tightening them up and making them 3 lanes full of choke points. So far the Dom maps I played are extremely tight in WW2.

1 Like

Either the maps are too small or the team size should be half. I get sound effects for bullets whizzing by but zero feedback when I’m hit. Capturing a flag pays the same as one kill and there’s only 1000 points difference if you win. No reason to PTFO. And fuck that guy that has two of the flags and calls in artillery on the spawn.

Edit-I hate vehicles in COD as much as I do in BF1. They serve no purpose but to let assholes be assholes.

3 Likes

Played a little last night. Played a couple rounds of war, TDM and hardpoint.

Gonna say I’m not swayed at this point. TTK is too quick and the movement of the troops are too slow. Maybe it was me, but sprinting didn’t seem to work, or I am used to BF… map knowledge is essential, but the game I played hardpoint was brutal. I know I suck, but 1-24 and getting spawn trapped was not fun. Neither was running around corners just to be taken out by artillery.

I may jump in a little more this weekend as I’ll have some time Sunday and Monday, but probably not for long. I was really hoping to rekindle the W@W feel, but sadly this doesn’t really do it. One main thought was that with the “divisions” it should force you into a specific weapon type like BF. Not sure if it does, but from what I saw you can use pretty much whatever weapon you want just have to unlock it.

3 Likes

Division’s are just a very different approach to the " pick 10 " class system of COD . The more battle ribbons you earn for each different division opens different perks for each division ( class ) . It is still the same as always just with an odd way of doing it .

1 Like

Just launched the game…Watching the different ‘recruit’ videos for the Divisions…pretty cool feature.

I still have fond memories of MW2 method of picking your own gear, perks and weapon attachments for custom classes.
Though I appreciate they are trying to keep things fresh.

Played some last night and this morning. Got my ass handed to me in expert fashion. TTK is so high I barely ever got a shot off, let alone see where the enemy came from. I know a lot of it is map awareness etc., but just wasn’t a whole lot of fun out of gate. Will give it more time, but first indications have me leaning strongly to D2.

3 Likes

Played some more last night and feel a lot better about this game. Unlocked a few different weapons and am playing a lot better. I’m using the third infantry weapon, the STG44 and I like it a lot. I also need to get the M1928 (Tommy Gun) as I saw some asshole wreck us so badly with it.

I’m still waiting on fucking @FetalInjury to return to old form and carry us. WTF dude? I want a piggy back ride!

I’m still getting this.