Fortnite Battle Royal

I’d be down for another night of this. We need to figure out how to get the better weapons. Saw a rocket launcher and better ARs. Probably have to build and get to the difficult places.

Have it, not yet played it.

Looking for team-mates actually, any other @PlayStationPlayers got this title and want a game sometime?

1 Like

Do they have a free version on PS4 like Xbox? I’ve got it too but never played but my ark base got wiped so looking for a new game to waste my time on lol

Yep - free on PSN.
It’s a separate item on the PSN store but I think you still load the main title to access the free mode.

i have it on xbox. played one round last night before bed. I’d be down to group up to try squads

I noticed it was a free download so I downloaded it. I’ll try it out with you sometime without a doubt.

1 Like

It looks pretty cool. Especially for a free game.

The free version is just the battle Royale game mode. Not the tower defense one (forget what that is called). That is supposed to go free to play but I’m sure it will be full of micro transactions.

I have played this a bit. I would try a team game.

1 Like

I’ve got the free version on Xbox One. I’ve enjoyed it. I have seen some blue tier weapons poop out of a treasure chest.

I play frequently on Xbox, I work 3rd so my times are 4am till 7am, But this Saturday and sunday me and my wife are looking to game regular hours! I’m down to help out new players!

Did you ever get a chance to try this out? I downloaded it, but I’ve been busy with Iron Banana…

Not yet.
Was busy over the weekend and been out tonight.
Maybe later this week after pushing through the Destiny reset stuff.

Downloading this tonight.

I downloaded this a couple of days ago. I think its really fun and always ready to team up with GRG.

1 Like

I downloaded this a week or two ago. I hope to maybe get to check it out some this weekend.

@Grex and I put some more time into this game last night.

While it’s a nice “FREE” game and a taste of what Battlegrounds is, I don’t think I’m a fan. I’m not crazy about the cartoon graphics but that’s not the main reason. Thing I really dislike is the building aspect of the game. We had eyes on 2 guys on the center island last night. The Circle was shrinking and they HAD to get off the island. We never could get a shot off on them because they continuously built a walking platform hundreds of feet in the sky. Even worse is building an object is instantaneous. You can build objects one after the other and it doesn’t take any time at all. I’m just not a fan of this aspect at all.

3 Likes

One of the things I like about Battle Royale is the sense of urgency to loot and move, relocate when being fired at, and trying to find cover. It creates tension and that is what makes this game genre exciting. Being able to build your own cover instantly kills all of that. Add on the fact that you can hip fire and get kills 100s of yards away and it just kills the whole thing for me. It’s nice that FN:BR runs smooth and is not very buggy, but I would rather play PUBG bugs, hackers, and all over it.

I just DLed on both consoles. Played a bit on the ps4 with a friend. It’s a pretty damn fun game for free.

Epic Games is saying that the patches for Intel processors to mitigate Meltdown vulnerability is the cause of the issues players are experiencing on the game the past couple of days.