Fortnite Battle Royal

Fortnite’s Cozy Campfire Patch Released

Developer Epic Games just launched the Cozy Campfire update for Fortnite, the third-person shooter’s first patch of the new year. As is the usual, the patch makes adjustments in both Fortnite’s original Save the World mode as well as the popular Battle Royale mode.

The patch’s new feature and namesake is the Cozy Campfire, a new blue rarity item that can spawn anywhere on the Battle Royale map. The campfire lasts 25 seconds and heals whoever placed it and their teammates for 25 seconds.

There you have it: the Cozy Campfire

Aside from the addition of the campfire, Epic devoted the patch to bug fixes in both Battle Royale and Save the World. The most noticeable issue plaguing players was a glitch that would cause them to drop through their recently built or edited creations, which should be fixed with the Cozy Campfire patch. The developer has also taken a hard look — or rather, listen — at the volume of enemy footsteps and has “increased the audible range of enemy footsteps, as well as their overall volume.”

The Cozy Campfire update is live now for Fortnite.

Here it is:

It’s cold outside! Gather around the fire with friends and heal up before your next battle. This healing trap must be placed on a floor and persists for 25 seconds.

• Heals 2 HP per second
  • Blue rarity
  • Can be found anywhere

NVIDIA ShadowPlay Highlights

Introducing ShadowPlay Highlights from NVIDIA! No longer will your friends have to “take your word” when you tell them about that mountain sliding snipe headshot. ShadowPlay will save plays automatically by default. You are also able to manually configure which plays get saved and customize it to fit your style. NVIDIA ShadowPlay Highlights is supported for all PC gamers using GeForce GTX 650 and above graphics cards.

To celebrate the launch of ShadowPlay Highlights, we are hosting a contest with a grand prize of four GTX 1070 graphics cards! Jump over to the ShadowPlay Highlights blog for more info on the contest and new features.

Patch Notes - Battle Royale
Weapons

• The Boogie Bomb dance effect is now removed upon taking any damage. We will continue to monitor and iterate on this item’s functionality.
  • Changed the Boogie Bomb rarity to blue/rare to more accurately represent its true rarity.

Gameplay

• Fixed an issue which caused players to pass through their recently built and edited structures.
  • Fixed an issue which allowed sniper bullets to pass through players without applying any damage.
  • Fixed an animation issue caused by entering the DBNO state while in the air.

Audio

• Increased the audible range of enemy footsteps, as well as their overall volume.
  • We’re aware of an issue causing footsteps to sometimes play at irregular intervals when offscreen. We’re working on a fix now, expect it next update.
  • Enemy footsteps are easier to hear when performing certain actions such as building, shooting, or collecting resources.
  • Fixed an issue which caused sniper bullet impact sounds to trigger more than once per shot.
  • Fixed the phantom bullet sounds that are sometimes heard throughout a match.
  • Adjusted the volume of the AC/DC Pickaxe.
  • Reduced the volume of the drone that teleports player out of each match.

UI

• Fixed an issue which caused the “Push to Talk” setting to disappear from the Battle Royale settings when restoring default settings in Save the World.
  • Shortened a few Daily Challenge descriptions which would run off the screen in a few languages.
  • Daily challenge rewards are automatically collected if another challenge is completed in the same category.
  • For instance, if you complete a Battle Pass daily challenge but do not “collect” the reward, the reward will automatically be collected upon completing the next Battle Pass daily challenge.

General

• Fortnite Battle Royale now supports NVIDIA ShadowPlay highlights on PC.
  • Fixed a rare Battle Royale server crash.

Patch Notes - Save the World
Gameplay

• Fixed an issue which caused crafting to fail even when there was space in your inventory.

Heroes

• Fixed an issue that caused Ninja smoke bombs to heal players even when the “Medicinal Fumes” perk wasn’t unlocked.
  • The BASE MD perk now heals all allies on affected floors, and the perk properly applies only to the BASE placed by the Constructor.
  • The Energized support perk now properly increases the damage of energy attacks.
  • Known Issue: This perk is still failing to boost abilities like Shock Tower and BASE that spawn an object that deals energy damage.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from receiving the Raider Nomad hero from the collection book.
  • Players will be granted this hero automatically if they have reached Collection Book level 100.

Missions

• The “Winter’s Chill”, “Cold as Ice” and “Deep Freeze” quests specify that you and your team must complete a 7-day 15 zone survival mission. These quests could unintentionally be completed by finishing a 3-day 15, 40 or 70 zone survival mission.
  • Fixed an issue that would award large amounts of seasonal gold even when failing an Evacuate the Shelter mission.

General

Fixed a rare crash that occurred when selecting “Reward Info” in the Collection Book.

2 Likes

We probably should look at maybe scheduling a Fortnite Night once in awhile. I’m sure we could scrounge up a fireteam or two.

(actually looking at getting back to some official GRG game nights again in general).

3 Likes

GRG will hate Fortnite now.

2 Likes

I think it’s a good call.
Especially since it was relatively quickly introduced.
Some kind of blocking system might be better and less abused but this at least is a solid stopgap.

@mnvikesfan wants it in PUBG when he plays with @beers_and_leafs. Beers dropped him hard.

1 Like

Not only is it extremely popular with teenagers…

Mainly because of Fortnite.

Not really. Dude has been going hard for years. Yes he got a big influx from Fortnight but also from H1z1, Dayz, PUBG, etc. Also a ton of his subs come from being raided by Summit1G, Dr Disrespect, JoshOG and others. A soon as Fortnight dies down he will jump to the next hot game to keep it going like most streamers. I would say playing with Drake got him more recognition than anything game related.

I wish I could play Fortnite well. I just can’t and lately it’s been frustrating. I’m just all fumble fingers trying to build forts. I’m also not twitchy enough to get up close kills.

I’ll keep banging at it though. I’m not a smart man.

2 Likes

Played my first couple games of Fortnite mobile yesterday. I am playing on my iPhone 6S Plus. First game I won and second I died right away, here are my thoughts.

1. It looks like a potato (it is probably better on newer phones)
  2. It ran really well, no lags or skips or anything
  3. Controls are ok. My moving thumb would tend to slip up off the control if I was running for a while. It is really slow to pick guns or build types. It is also slow to aim and jump.
  4. Combat works pretty good. 1st game I took three kills (2 blue AR and 1 hunting rifle). Aim assist was helpful. You just need to get the sight near where you want to shoot and it will auto aim then just smash the trigger until you destroy your opponent. Sniping is next to impossible.
  5. Because everything is so slow you really need to plan ahead on what you are going to do. There is not much twitch reflex so position is everything.

All in all good game for your legs to fall asleep to on the shitter.

1 Like

Try out PUBG Mobile.
It’s free, much more polished and seems to have a decent UI.
You even get started out against bots at first.

Finally.

1 Like

Fortnite Previews Update v3.5

Update v3.4 was released recently for Fortnite. Not wanting to rest on their laurels, Epic Games is now preparing update v3.5 to be released soon, and the latest developer update video gives players a sneak preview of what they can expect for the Save The World mode.

The update will include a new Survival map that takes place in a new arid biome. More details on the map have been promised for this week. There’s also a new questline, new heroes and new weapons. In the future, there will be weapon perk rerolls, although they’re not sure in which update this will be included. Finally, the team also promises that they’re still trying to work out ways of improving player experience in terms of player reporting. All of this can be seen in the video below.

Update v3.5 will be coming soon.

For you scrubs that can’t build.

1 Like

Just learned there was a new controller layout introduced about a month ago or so. This may help a lot of console users with building. Basically they mapped building items to the bumpers and triggers. So, click on B to bring up the building menu, then hit the bumper or trigger of the item you want. I just wish they would let me map the buttons as I would just remove the roof and put the floor on both buttons (or LB at the very least).

1 Like

In case you hadn’t noticed, Fortnite is doing pretty well for itself, but that’s no reason not to try and innovate to stay ahead. Epic’s latest experiment is Playground Mode, available for a limited time.

Playground Mode puts four friends on a private island for 60 minutes. Friendly fire is on and you can respawn as often as you like — you have the hour to have fun, build what you want and create your own experience. You can even create your own movie there.

As well as Playground Mode, Epic has released Content Update 4.5 with a handful of new weapons. The Drum Gun will be available in Battle Royale, while the Stink Bomb and the Freedom Herald pistol are going live in Save the World — where you’ll also find Stars and Stripes Heroes in the Event store for a limited time.

You can see the full patch notes here. Although Playground Mode is listed as a limited-time event, there is currently no end date for its trial run.

I need to get you fuckers in this game mode so you can learn to build.

1 Like