Iron Banner Next week (10/9)

https://i.imgur.com/yzj8btL.gif

The inaugural Destiny 2 Iron Banner kicks off at 2:00am PT/5:00am ET/10:00am UK/11:00am CET on October 10, and will close at the same time on October 17.

Destiny 2’s first Iron Banner will be played in Control mode. Unlike D1, Power scaling will be in effect; your level won’t matter, while your skills will. Just like regular Crucible, then.

2 Likes

Nice armor. I’m assuming that’s the default shader.

I always felt like LL power was the main difference to Iron Banner.
So, now it’s just a regular Crucible mode with special rewards for a week? That makes it a bit less interesting…

1 Like

Man! What’s the point of even chasing light then?

1 Like

Nice armor, Samurai style.

Shitty deal on the power scaling though. Whats up with that.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know. I don’t feel it’s as important as it was unless you are under level. I feel like the Nightfall enemies (@240) still take as many bullets to kill and I’m at 296. I think Light Level numbers are probably the most meaningless stat in game.

4 Likes

So really we have a regular week of crucible with Iron Banner rewards. Well, I guess we will still have to win to get rewards, or win enough games to turn in the tokens for losing.

It doesn’t work like last time. You get trade in tokens regardles. Just more if you win.

Yeah seems to be tokens for winning and/or playing.
Plus Daily and Seasonal milestones which I expect will have high goals.

Credit goes to youtube:

In a group last night that had many questions on the way the scoring was calculated, myself included. So, I did a search and found this:

Win=5 tokens
Loss=2 tokens

Scoring is as follows:
Each capture is worth 1 point.

A kill with one capture is worth 1 point
A kill with two captures is worth 2 points
A kill with three captures is worth 3 points

Strategy:
When the other team has the powerplay- three captured- do not get killed
When your team has the powerplay, get very aggressive and go for the kill, even a trade off on a kill will benefit the team, this also applies when your team has two captures.

1 Like

So @steelerfan43 is in GRG too!
This is confusing.

I saw your character screen in Destiny 2 yesterday on @reaperking6626’s stream.