No Man's Sky Mega Thread

Ill start fresh. Haven’t played in a long time. If I’m on tonight it won’t be for long. I’ll have more time later this week and during the weekend.

1 Like

I heard the servers are available now, for Xbox anyway.
Not sure if PC/PS4 have the latest update yet.

EDIT: Looks like everyone should have it by now.

Still haven’t got queued for an update on Steam.

Saw it queued up on Steam just a bit ago. 6.5 GB update, but had to start it manually because Steam thought I should wait until 10 tonight.

Do you have time restrictions on your updates configured?

I think it was changed around in an update, and I haven’t looked at it. I just check and run them.

Ok…just checked. No time restrictions. Only thing I have checked is to throttle downloads while streaming.

1 Like

What do you stream Corn reviews? I know it’s not video games :rofl:

1 Like

Don’t install any upgrades in your main EXO suit inventory until this patch rolls out. I lost 4 upgrades I had last night.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/1762481957312174590/

3 Likes

Reinstalled last night…starting over

1 Like

I keep losing items on xbox, seems they have several kinks to work out, i’m still very impressed with the game

I tried the distress beacon search for a damaged ship tip from the video. It took multiple tries, 4 or 5 over a few hours of distractions and inventory cleaning but it paid off! I’ve got a 25 slot starship with an Emeril Lagasse Drive that will allow me to fly to rare green stars and maybe it will make some chili for me. BAM!
Something not mentioned in the video: after the exchange of the damaged ship for the fully functional ship, the damaged ship was still sitting on the landing platform in the station. It was tagged as an abandoned ship. So I claimed it. Added it to my collection. So now I have three ships. The starter ship, the damaged ship (which are both class c fighters), and the new fully functional ship which is a class b shuttle.
Will try to get pictures uploaded later, right now they are in limbo trying to upload off of my Xbox.

UPDATE: It is an exploitable glitch maybe? I just got a second class b shuttle for a total of four ships because I was able to reclaim the damaged ship after exchange it for a fully functional one.

UPDATE DEUCE: The glitch only works with damaged ships. I exchanged one of my class b shuttles for a class b fighter and the shuttle is no longer accessible.

UPDATE THRICE: After a save and reload my damaged ship is no longer in inventory. My four others are though.

1 Like

Made three million harvesting larva cores from whispering eggs. Took about an hour. Farmed 30 cores. Going to try some salt mining and chlorine refining next. @Mowerguy90 has made some bank off of it.

1 Like

Holy :poop:! Cryo Pumps! I found a blueprint for cryo pumps by scanning secure frequencies. Went from 2 million units to around 60 million units and bought a class a freighter in about an hour.

2 Likes

I had a glitch the other night where I got stuck in my freighter when I was trying to fly out. I am on Xbox however I believe it affects PC and PS as well. Reloading doesn’t seem to fix it. I flew another ship out of the freighter then trimmed around and went right back in. Tried the ship that kept getting stuck and it flew out, no problem. One gamer reported in a subreddit thread that warping the freighter to another system fixes it if you only have one ship or if you have two ships merged in the freighter. There is no official forums for Hello Games. They suggest watching the subreddit.

1 Like

I have updated my main post with some helpful charts.

2 Likes

Experimental patch notes 8/08.

They duplicated some of this from previous experimental patches.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/1746720717333679989/

A few quality of life thing there for me, but no frigate repair fix. Although warping out of system with the freighter seemed to be a valid workaround, however annoying.

There is a bit about there about backing up your saves, which is a good fyi if you are on experimental or not.

1 Like

Experimental patch 8/24

Some notes:

Added user permissions for multiplayer, on a per-save slot basis. Settings for visibility, damage + base editing can be customised to apply to all players, friends only, or no-one.

Fixed a number of issues around the refiner and general inventory systems. Improved the pick and drop system of inventory management.

Fixed an issue where freighter crew would change race on warp.

Fixed an issue that caused expedition length, difficulty + rewards to scale incorrectly relative to the power of the player’s fleet.

2 Likes