Reapercast Topic Ideas (SERIOUS DISCUSSION ONLY)

As was mentioned in our Reapercast discussion thread, it takes a good amount of work to keep the podcast going as we juggle real life. We appreciate the feedback and it is rewarding knowing that some of you enjoy the show and don’t want to see it end.

We want to keep the cast going for our community here and need your help. One of the ways you can help keep it going is to give us topic ideas on what you want to hear us banter about.

Please use this thread if you think of a good topic that you want to hear us rant on. So things don’t get lost in the shuffle, please only use this thread to post out a topic idea ( I will even refrain from my own dumbass type posts in here).

I will put one of my ideas in the next post to give you guys an idea. Thanks!

As adult gamers, what do you do to juggle real life and gaming?

1 Like

One that could tie into E3 would be new IPs. There are always going to be the CoDs, BFs, Halos, and others, what new is coming out that drives interest. over watch is getting a lot of good traction with the group, but is there anything else that draws interest?

That is a great one. Not something I broadcast that is for sure.

Local, great beer. Everyone seems to be from all over the map. I’d love to know what to keep a look out for up here in the great white north.

Glitching and outright cheating. Now that Blizzard and Ubisoft both are banning for first time offenses. What other major titles need to do this?

4 Likes

Lots of us are old school and seen gaming evolve. One of the big evolutions was Internet and Internet gaming.
Lot of us started many games as a single player experience as time pushed forward now social gaming is a big thing. Since we are in a gaming community I would assume everybody is here to be social gamers, do we have any people that mostly play single player games?
I think be interesting to have a diverse panel talking about if they only single player, multiplayer, or both… And how that’s changed from how they use to play until now. And if they think single player will go extinct eventually.

3 Likes

Bumping as we mentioned this on the current Reapercast.

1 Like

New IPs vs prequels & sequels to current games.

Pro vs Cons
Is the risk worth the isk (Money)
Kick Starter vs Standard Productions
Is gaming slowly dwindling down or is technology advancing so quick that we as gamers are now expecting the games to be released at the same pace? Does this negatively or positively effect the gaming community?

I like this. Only reason Nintendo maybe still in business is they have so many great IPs. And it’s hard for people to turn head to something that is new. Lot to say about this.

Gaming and your Relationships

• Did you ever believe that you could develop ‘hatred’ for someone in the digital world?
  • Social aspects…Do you favor gaming people, communities, relationships…over other hobbies and lifestyle aspects?
  • How does or has gaming affected you personal relationship(s) throughout the years?
  • Has gaming been a beneficial hobby/lifestyle for you overall?

I would still like to hear about more craft beer, and breweries. Recommendations and what to avoid (candy cane ale). Also, BBQing and grilling. Some of the posts you guys make in food pron look great.

It’s not gaming related, but still interesting once in a while.

1 Like

Bump.

We’re always looking for ideas.

Send out member/staff Q&A to be read on the show since a lot of people can’t be on the air.

So …I have been thinking about this for awhile…and when we did the paladins interview, it brought up the thought again.

What if we were able to interview popular twitch streamers…have a formalized Q&A. How they got into it, games, equipment, etc?

Could even go as far as contacting various F2P game companies like Paladins or even people on the early access/green light programs to see if we can get interviews for our podcast.

I have almost reached out a few times to companies and streamers, but never went through because I didn’t want to surprise anyone here on staff.

1 Like

I think it could only help recruitment and push the popularity of the Reapercast.

I just assumed that anyone who had ‘made it’ wouldn’t be interested, not unless someone had a connection to them (like rabb).

1 Like

I have a list of people I need to reach out to as far as game community managers. I think I like this idea as well. Even with the streamers. The interviews with outsiders may help boost awareness of GRG.

1 Like

Can’t hurt to try. I think we may have better luck getting Devs and community managers over streamers.

We don’t really have anything to offer streamers and would probably be asking them to take time away from making money. Maybe aim for new streamers that are trying to get viewers. Then you at least have something to offer them.

There are a few streamers that are also part of dev teams for games. Cohhcarnage is working on a steampunk game and Sacriel is/was working with the Breaking Point devs.

I think our audience would be more interested in devs and community managers as well as we are probably split 50/50 on members that watch streams but we are 100% in it for the games.

2 Likes

I agree with this and think its a good idea. Community managers are always looking for way to promote their games.

I would like to interview streamers as well, but I think since many streamers in our age bracket are out there with the goal of community building, we may be considered competition to them rather than an ally.

2 Likes

Bumping it up as we can always use your suggestions on what you want to hear on the podcast.

1 Like