Star Wars Battlefront 2 Mega Thread

Words hurt.

1 Like

If you don’t want to be tempted to get this game…do not play the EA Access trial. Holy wow it is a lot of fun.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

You really do get points for anything in this game that help you unlock stuff. Points for PTFO, damaging people, hell even get points when you die.

4 Likes

Digital and I are hoping to run some Battlefront Monday nights for those of you picking up this game. I probably will be on it tonight since I have about 5 hours left on my trial before early access release tomorrow.

I am hoping for some spoiler talk on the SP campaign once some of us get through it. I still have missions to go but got through a chunk tonight.

1 Like

1 Like

Just completed the SP campaign.

Pulled the trigger and got the game, DLing now.

2 Likes

Reports are they are completely turning off micro transactions

1 Like

Just wait until after Christmas. They want game sales for the holidays.

Temporarily.

I like the game so far. Only played MP. It’s fun. I don’t give a rats ass about micro transactions. I’m glad they removed it though. Let’s see how long I play this one. It’s still a Star Wars game in the collection. F it. Why not.

1 Like

That’s kinda what I was thinking as well. It’s Star Wars…

It appears the decision to temporarily remove microtransactions from Star Wars Battlefront 2 was due to pressure from Disney.

Reports from various sources state EA’s temporary removal of purchasable Crystals in Star Wars Sattlefront 2 was made after a phone call from Disney, which owns the Star Wars franchise.

EA removed the option to purchase in-game Crystals ahead of the game’s launch yesterday. These Crystals are obtained using real money and packs of Crystals start at $5 for 500 and up to $100 for 12,000 Crystals.

According to a source speaking with the Wall Street Journal, Disney was less than pleased over the online backlash and bad press Star Wars Battlefront 2 was receiving over the microtransactions, not to mention the convoluted rewards system.

This didn’t sit well with Disney CEO Robert Iger, according to the WSJ, and resulted in Disney’s head of consumer products and interactive media, Jimmy Pitaro, to contact EA.

A source speaking with VentureBeat stated Pitaro gave EA CEO Andrew Wilson a ring, resulting in microtransactions being temorarily suspended until the system could be revamped.

Another source, speaking with MP1st, corroborated the report. The site reached out to EA for comment, and was told the company wouldn’t provide comment on the matter.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/11/18/microtransactions-in-star-wars-battlefront-2-suspended-due-to-pressure-from-disney-report/

2 Likes

Disney keep it up ! Disney the company who can take more of your money but in a way that makes you feel like it’s magical. They will find a less offensive way to get you money. Disney can’t be a part of “providing kids with gambling options”.

Disney has huge potential to rake in the cash over Star Wars anything don’t want to mess that up