Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILER ALERT) SPOILERS!!!!!

3 Likes

Lets be honest: you’d be a sanitation worker.

Why are they still called 'The Resistance"?

They won the fucking war!

25 years in the future and they still don’t have any ginormous battle cruisers?

They attack a huge ass death world with about a dozen x wing fighters 2 kids an old man and a Wookie?

The resistance has to be a bunch of lazy do nothing pot head hippies.

No special ops forces to infiltrate and take down shields? I would have a squad of Wookies trained and ready at all times. Ripping off heads, limbs and crushing bones during the whole mission. Didn’t Yoda hang out and kick ass with the Wookies in the last movie?

Did anyone else notice that Carrie Fischer looks like a Hobbit?

I think that maybe when they destroyed that system they took out a good chunk of the military.

My friend also said that in the books, after the war, the military was decommissioned. . Who knows

I guess it would make sense that they took out most of the military when they fired the death world weapon. Did they have a name for the death world weapon? I cant remember.

Starkiller Base.

Nerd Trivia: original name for Like was Luke Starkiller instead of Sjywalker, but it was changed before filming started since it sounded kinda sinister. The name of the base is a nod to that fact.

4 Likes

Just saw it today with my daughter. I enjoyed it. Sure the plot line is a bit similar with the new “death star”. But that is really just a back drip for the next generation coming in. I really like how they brought them in. Clever way to bring the mellium falcon back too.

@Audible_Silence I totally agree with you on Kylo Ren. Definitely unhinged and the correlation with his lightsaber. The lightsaber is supposed to be a reflection of ones self when built right.

RIP. Han Solo

Holy fucking Nerdom! Jesus, way to up the geek level here. Fucking cracked lightsaber crystal??? Shame.

I’m so grateful to be part of this nerdtastic gaming site.

Without you guys I would never know all the back stories and nuances of the Star Wars universe.

Thank you.

If anyone else wants some possible answers listen to Angry Joe’s spoilers podcast.

Me. That’s all @grimdawg83, @Audible_Silence and @deSoldier2001

2 Likes

I have a theory about Kylo Ren. He keeps trying to channel Vader to get closer to the ways of the sith, and is frustrated that he still has conflict with the light side vs the dark side. What I think he’s not realizing (and maybe Snoke isn’t either) is that his attempts to channel Vader may be what’s keeping the light side of him alive and well despite his best attempts to squash it. It’s like he doesn’t realize that Vader turned back to the light in the moments leading to his death.

1 Like

Interesting theory.

You’re all wrong, SNOKE is actually…

2 Likes

Cool little factoid

Finn’s trooper number, FN-2187, is a callback to “A New Hope.” Princess Leia’s cell number when she was captive on the Death Star was — you guessed it — 2187.

5 Likes

You sexy Nird.

I have not read the books, so the following two thoughts are fairly baseless theories.

• Rey is Luke’s daughter
  • Kylo was the kid who went mental and killed his fellow students when Luke was teaching younglings

First is a sound theory that others have had
Second is proven. That is why Luke disappeared.

another Theory is Rey is one that got away and she can’t remember cuz of trauma, she never had parents leave her, thats just what she thinks happened.

3rd theory, Rey is related to Obi-Wan/Ben Kenobi.

2 Likes

I like the idea that Rey is Obi-wan’s daughter.