Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILER ALERT) SPOILERS!!!!!

She’s young tho… Seems like it would VCR grandkid, that’s the only thing I don’t like about that theory.

1 Like

I also find that most unlikely she is Obi’s kid because Ben seemed to follow the old code of the Jedi. We don’t know if Luke decided to stick with the old code or not.

Would Luke even know the old code. Each training he received was shortened by circumstances - Ben’s death, heading to Cloud City to save his friends, Yoda’s death. Unless he found ancient documents when he found the old Jedi Temple, he may not have known old traditions.

2 Likes

No way she’s Obi’s kid. They made it seem like she’s the same age as Ren.

I like the idea of Rey having had training at a very young age and/or coming from a strong Force user.
Otherwise her figuring out how to do the Jedi mind-trick of getting the guard to release her seems a little implausible…

Also, what was the bit where during the fight with Kylo Ren she closed her eyes for a bit and then pushed back?
Was that meant to be her calming or something? Reminded me a little of Qui-Gon waiting for the (plasma?) barrier to reopen during the fight with Darth Maul.

Yeah I thought this as well. I also feel she was defintely trained as a child. Possibly by Lor San Tekka. You don’t wield a staff like that with no training.

2 Likes

Hope she makes some cool Saber instead of a normal one. I thought… oh damn I forgot her name, but the red chick that an akin trained. Osaka? Asaka? She had like double night stick sabers.

JJ says Rey’s parents were not in Episode VII.

I saw that yesterday very interesting I was hoping her story wasn’t gonna be so similar to Lukes

Yeah saw that article too. New rumor circulating around is she is obi wan’s grandkid. But obi Wan never had kids as far as I know.

There was some EU stuff where Obi Wan had met someone and had at least one kid between eps 3 and 4.

nerd alert!

1 Like

Did any Jedi’s stick to the code… Watch Yoda has a bunch of little bastards all over the Galaxy.

3 Likes

Now JJ Abrams is saying Rey’s parents MAY have been in TFA.

1 Like

@Lala_Calamari oops. wrong discussion

Dammit JJ stop toying with my emotions.

Nice. I guess that is possible. No clue about the grand admiral. Looks bad ass though.

The only grand admiral to be mentioned is Thrawn. The pic would be perfect for it, as he has dark hair blue skin and red eyes and wears white.

If it is Thrawn, I’m gonna be super excited as he is mine of my favorites. He’s a tactical genius and is always several steps ahead of the enemy.

Edit to add: Thrawn is a Chiss and no where related to Anakin. He doesn’t have force powers and wouldn’t be snoke. This is important as it would truly be a story between episodes 3&4 and not have a connection to episode 7 which is perfectly fine in my book

She needs more lessons. She should probably contact this guy. Although she looks better in spandex.

5 Likes