Xbox One X Debate

nope…i pretty much never get a console at launch. And that due to price, bugs, etc… I will probably upgrade to the Xbox One S this year at some point…will wait until the X is out tested and price dropped before i bite. Could maybe see myself getting one 1-2 years after its launch.

1 Like

I will be getting one just not sure when yet. I might wait seeing as I don’t have a 4K TV yet, plus I kind of want to wait to see if they’ll have any special edition ones coming out.

Getting the One X. Have a 4k TV and passed on XB1S. I actually played PS4 games on the 4k as the graphics were better and also where I play a lot of my single player games as PS has some of my favorites this past year.

Agree with the idea of updating like video card. If it truly has 4k at 60 its worth the price in my mind. We will see how much the frame rates drop on games. Destiny won’t be at 60 and wondering how many will not be the same. I can see how that makes it not worth it til the devs catch up. Also for me when cutting the cord happens it gives me another device for tv, movies.

Now if I had a PC that plays games better anyway it probably not make sense to me

I anticipate Sony will counter as well and if they announce that before this console comes out it will get really interesting in my household

2 Likes

Microsoft has said that this is tailored more for the tech focused gamers. I will be getting one when money permits but I got a house I’m closing on so that may be awhile. But I will be checking this out. Just wished they’d have names it better

2 Likes

What file size for these 4k games should we be expecting? The Xbox One games are massive as is and are all DL to the HD or external for those who use them. Am I going to need to upgrade my external on top of buying a new console?

1 Like

Not sure how they will compress them but on PC when a 4k graphics pack is added it adds 20+ GB.

I assume they will have some tricks to limit the size but I still expect them to be huge.

That’s just it. I believe the last game I purchased and DL was 45GB. So if we’re looking at 4K it’ll be upwards of 70GB, and I can’t see it being smaller, compressed or not. A 2TB system for myself, with 1TB already used, plus another 70% of my external 1TB used, I’m not looking at a lot of room to work with.

It sounds like there isn’t an option so if you purchase a X you are getting 4K graphics downloaded regardless of your television being 4K.

I think they could do it like PC if they wanted. Just make the 4K texture package a free DLC.

1 Like

that would be cool but completely up to the dev.

5TB USB 3.0 on Amazon now for $119.00. I will order one of those with the X.

1 Like

Anyone have any hint as to when it will go up for pre order.

Source for @anon3687162’s comment.

2 Likes

It still hasn’t been approved by the FCC. Later this year is all they are saying. PS4 Pro was the same way. It was announced but wasn’t approved and ended up going for sale around September.

September would be great with the release of Destiny 2.

September would be fabulous. Sniper thanks for the heads up on the 5 TB have been watching prices for a bit

You are welcome.

Amazon lists November 7th for the tentative release date for the X.

November 7th is the release date. Completely different than when it goes on sale.

1 Like

yes Nov 7 is the official launch date. its when it will be able to be pre-ordered is the questions.

1 Like