Xbox One X Debate

I plan on preordering one. I’ve got my name on a list for my local gaming shop to call me when they can take my order. The price for the hardware specs is reasonable. I have already talked to a friend of mine who will buy my Halo 5 edition box so that will help with the cost anyway. I am also hopeful that they will start talking about an AR or VR headset. Microsoft is releasing two AR dev kits in August for Windows 10 PCs. https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/11/15622798/microsoft-build-acer-hp-windows-mixed-reality-vr-headset-pricing-availability

1 Like

Interesting little article

"Do I need a 4K TV to benefit from the Xbox One X?

No. This is likely the largest misunderstanding surrounding the X1X and it is repeated far too often. As noted above, due to the power of the X1X which allows developers additional resources to use techniques like supersampling, anisotropic filtering, and others, the same 1080p image on an X1X will be superior to a standard Xbox One. It’s also possible for the X1X to run a game at a higher framerate than the Xbox One even if the resolution is the same (an often overlooked but large feature) and it can also improve load times as well. Additionally, there will likely be further improvements to the UI processing, game DVR, and other apps running on the system."

^^this

1 Like

Thats all good…still will wait long time before purchase. Xbox One S is in my future.

1 Like
2 Likes

I am tempted purely because I missed the Xbox One anyway, so for me it’s like the next gen (after 360).
I haven’t and won’t buy the PS4 Pro.

I mostly buy new consoles for:

• new games since last gen will slowly dry up
  • online playerbase as it naturally migrates
  • higher quality graphics

These mid-gen consoles only tick 1/3 of the above, so they aren’t worth the upgrade price alone for me, not if I already have the first console in that gen.

1 Like

Came across this video. It’s actually an interesting watch

Now Sony starts chirping about the PS5!

1 Like

Gee will the price point be 500 bucks?

Maybe both companies are just gonna console war us to death

2 Likes

The PS5 will do 5 gajillion k and it will have 8 jovianflops of graphical power. It will do PiP VR so you can stream Netflix while playing robot golf!

1 Like

I was on board with getting it right away but now I’m going to wait for a price reduction. I don’t have a 4K TV. If I did I would likely be more motivated to get it. Right now I’m more interested in throwing money at a 144Hz PC monitor upgrade and waiting for an Xbox One X price drop.

2 Likes

Yes it makes me stop and think. My nephew offered to build a PC for me. He’s a college student and needs the cash so I am considering. Mostly cause he needs the cash and he is one of my favs .
Honestly the PC upgrades every few years has made me think about the cost but if I am going to be upgrading consoles at 500 bucks anyway then it might be a better option

I know myself well enough to know when new tech stuff comes out I get drawn in most times, so that can get a bit more expensive with a PC than console. Still pondering it all

2 Likes

Wolfenstein 2 and The Evil Within 2 will look better on Xbox One X

On the official Xbox website, both The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus now show the “Xbox One X Enhanced,” “HDR,” and “4K Ultra HD” logos. They join the new Xbox console’s growing list of 4K-supported games, which includes Crackdown 3, Assassin’s Creed: Origins, Sea of Thieves, and more.

In addition, a bunch of existing first-party Xbox games will receive updates to support 4K when Xbox One X comes out. These include Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Killer Instinct, Minecraft, and Halo 5.

Xbox One X launches November 7 for US $499 / £449 / AU $649. For more on the upgraded Xbox device, check out everything we know about Xbox One X.

The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein II were also both revealed at E3 this year. The former launches for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on Friday, October 13, and it recently received new gameplay clips–watch them here.

The latter, meanwhile, contains a combat mission in which you’re wheelchair-bound, which we thought was bold and empowering. It’s coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC on October 27.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/two-more-xbox-one-x-games-getting-4k-enhancements/1100-6451737/

Preorders are up!

2 Likes

Been trying through Ebgames for over an hour…no luck.

Yea they are selling fast. Amazon US is out.

Major Nelson just posted this…

I assume it’s US.

@unobtainaballs and myself got one from Amazon before they got gone. @anon42851937 got one from Best Buy I think. I have already found them on Ebay over $900+ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-One-X-Project-Scorpio-/162639314547?hash=item25de0efe73:g:VWMAAOSwojxZmgga

I live like 3 minutes from a Gamestop, so I bailed down and grabbed one as soon as I saw that they went live.

The guy told me they only got 8 pre-orders at that location…some of the larger got 16. These are the same quantities as the PS3’s back in the day. I wonder if there’ll be another pre-order wave of the non ‘Scorpio’ branded units.

I pre-ordered one from the Microsoft Store, but I’m gonna try the ebgames store in the morning. I have 4 all within 10 minutes of me, so maybe one of the will have one.

This is EBay Canada right now. Amazon is sold out

Some UK retailers still seem to be accepting preorders.
I can only see a few current listings on eBay (500-700) and a few completed (500-800).

For comparison, the original price here is 450 (gbp).

Best Buy still has pre-order up. Just got one and will decide between now and November whether I’ll keep it or not. I’ve got the 4k TV, great sound setup, etc., but I also have an One S. Sooo…going to be some soul searching to see if the upgrade price is worth it. Right now leaning towards a No, but know as it gets closer I’ll waffle some more. :slight_smile: