Assassin's Creed Origins Mega Thread

Assassin’s Creed is arguably one of the most storied franchises to launch in video game history. Highly anticipated entrant into the series, Assassin’s Creed Origins, is expected to detail the series from the beginning of the AC story. Ubisoft posted a new video detailing some of the new features of the game, including a new eagle friend, and an explanation from Ashraf Ismail, on why they used Egypt as a setting for the game. Ismail was the game director for both Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360), as well as the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Origins.

Assassin’s Creed Origins is expected to release on October 27th.

Assassin’s Creed Origins Joins Forces with Final Fantasy XV

There were clues leading up to this moment: a flash of the Assassin’s Creed logo on a newspaper in the Final Fantasy XV Omen trailer as well as Final Fantasy easter eggs in both the Assassin’s Creed Origins announcement trailer and Gamescom trailer. Now Ubisoft and Square Enix has announced a collaboration between the two teams that will see Final Fantasy content in Assassin’s Creed and vice versa.

While the team has yet to detail how Final Fantasy will appear in Origins, FFXV players will see the crossover come into effect on August 30th. Players who possess the Dream Egg from the Moogle Chocobo Carnival event that ran at the start of this year will receive an Assassin outfit for Noctis. Then, beginning on August 31st, the “Assassin’s Festival DLC” will be released for free. Lestallum will be the host town for the festival, transforming itself with signs and banners that tell players that there are new activities to try. Players will be able to grab another Assassin’s Creed outfit, as well as new abilities for Noctis that allow him to explore and kill like an assassin. Take a look:

Meanwhile, Origins will bring the largest world in any Assassin’s Creed game to date and it’s extremely diverse. The massive city of Memphis will throw an “almost mazelike” mix of temples, fortresses and dwellings that could lead to battles, treasure, weapons, secret caves and more. Outside of the cities and towns, farmland stretches for miles, the rocky deserts look beautiful but inhospitable, and the cliffs and pyramids provide vertical challenges of their own.

The landscape isn’t the only source of diversity. The country’s population also included pockets of Greek citizens and, thanks to Ptolemy who proclaimed himself as the leader of a new dynasty of pharaohs, they had a significant impact on the landscape. However, the topic of the game’s newest trailer and set of screenshots is the power struggle between three of the game’s most powerful citizens. Cleopatra and her younger brother Ptolemy XIII are embroiled in a war for Egypt’s throne. As a longtime ally of Egypt, Rome saw themselves as peacemaker and sent Julius Caeser to invade the country because, well, that’s sure to calm things down.

Finally, for today, game director Ashraf Ismail and historian Maxime Durand talk about the character’s that you’ll meet on your journey through Egypt, as well as some of the activities you could be doing.

You’ll be able to explore the deserts of Egypt when the game releases on October 27th. We’ll bring you more details of the game’s crossover content as we get them.

Gameplay footage is all well and good but there’s nothing quite like a CGI trailer to build the world and set the tone for what’s to come. Today’s trailer for Assassin’s Creed Origins has it all, from Egyptian rulers and Romans like Julius Caesar to snakes. Oh, and there’s also an Assassin killing everyone.

An atmospheric cinematic trailer for Assassin’s Creed Origins highlights the frailty of the Ancient Egyptian civilisation as Bayek and the Assassin Brotherhood emerge from the sand.

In 49 BCE Cleopatra and Ptolemy XIII are embroiled in civil war as they vie for Egypt’s throne. Parts of the old order that seemed solid as stone will crumble, but a new assassin called Bayek will rise from the dust.

Assassin’s Creed Origins will be released on October 27th.

Assassin’s Creed Origins Trailers for Gameplay, Characters and Comedy

Ubisoft released more trailers today for their upcoming release Assassin’s Creed Origins. We are given a look at some of the new stealth play. The video shows some more combat, stealth. Additionally, in the video, the game developers talk us through some of the combat and stealth tactics.

We are given another official trailer titled ‘Birth of the Brotherhood.’ This one features Bayek, the last Medjay and protector of Egypt.

Ubisoft released a series of 10 short trailers, each around 30 seconds long in preparation for the release of Assassin’s Creed Origins.

The video compilation of all 10 trailers is above. The video compilation is a comedic modern spin on ancient Egyptian life, if that life was talking tomb art discussing assassins and secret Orders. You’ll hear all about gladiators using performance enhancing mummy dust and glass-bottomed boats on the Nile. Interspersed throughout the shorts are short examples of gameplay trailers.

Assassin’s Creed Origins will release on October 27th.

I was watching a clip of JackFrags play this. A fish fell from the sky and landed right in front of him. He was in the desert.

New Assassin’s Creed Origins Screens

Ubisoft has garnered a lot of excitement for the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Origins over the past few months, and these newly released screenshots aim to continue that trend. These screens show off the assassin Bayek in various situations. They also give glimpses of the different areas that players can expect to explore in the newest addition to the franchise.

You’ll be able to see the beginnings of the Assassins Brotherhood when Assassin’s Creed Origins launches on October 27th.

Ubisoft Reveals Paid DLC and Future Free Content for Assassin’s Creed Origins

Ever since the various bundle options were revealed for Assassin’s Creed Origins, we’ve seen it mentioned: the season pass. Finally, Ubisoft has revealed exactly what players will be getting with the pass. In addition to the paid content, the developer has also previewed free content updates coming to Origins post-launch.

As far as expansions go, the season pass has two. “The Hidden Ones,” slated for January 2018, takes place after Assassin’s Creed Origins’ story. Bayek will be in a different region, going up against “an occupying army of Romans.” This particular DLC also increases the level cap, allowing you to progress Bayek’s skills further than in the main game.

A few months later in March 2018, “The Curse of the Pharaohs” will launch. The DLC will “take Bayek on a journey into a mystical new realm of Egyptian mythology, as he unravels the secret that has brought mythical monsters and undead pharaohs to life.” Once again, the level cap will be increased, with additional abilities for Bayek to learn and master.

In addition to flat-out expansions, there are a few additional perks for season pass owners:

The Season Pass will include other perks, including the Roman Centurion and Horus item packs, available this November, which add new outfits, shields, mounts, and weapons to the game, and Season Pass owners will also get day-one access to an exclusive Rare weapon, the Calamity Blade, and 500 Helix credits.

Everyone, season pass owners and otherwise, can also receive fresh content in free updates and timed events. Starting 15 days after launch, timed boss battles, gladiator arena challenges and daily quests are included in The Trial of the Gods. There is also a Horde Mode planned for a release in early 2018 and The Nomad’s Bazaar, which will be available at launch, but doesn’t have any additional details at the moment. All these events will offer players chance “to score in-game rewards and exotic loot.”

Finally, there is something called Discovery Tour, which “turns the world of Assassin’s Creed Origins into an open-world museum, free of conflict and narrative, offering everyone the opportunity to learn more about Ancient Egypt through guided tours curated by historians and Egyptologists.” Discovery Tour will be part of a free update in early 2018.

A Photo Mode will also be available at Origins’ October 27th launch that lets players create custom screenshots of the environments.

New Assassin’s Creed Origins Trailer and Screenshots Show Post-Launch Content

Following on from Ubisoft announcing their post-launch plans for Assassin’s Creed Origins just a couple of days ago, the publisher has now released some screenshots and a trailer so we can have a little peek at what this content may look like.

The screenshots are mainly concerned with the two major expansions, “The Hidden Ones” — which has Bayek up against the Roman army in a new region of the world — and “The Curse of the Pharaohs” which instead puts him up against mythical monsters and mummies as he attempts to find out what brought them to life.

While the trailer shows those two expansions in action, it also highlights some of the free additions heading players’ way like the game’s photo mode.

Assassin’s Creed Origins will launch on Xbox One on October 27th, with all this content coming in later months after release.

Release date is this Friday for those that are interested.

I haven’t played an AC game for years. I like first 2 then it seemed to take a horrible turn. It looks amazing and I may consider it after all the new releases die down too many games at once. If costs keep going up per game I will wait a lot longer for games until they go on sale and spend on the ones I know I will give my time and money to the most.

You’ve missed out…AC:Black Flag was one of the best games…period in years. And definitely one of, if not the best AC game so far.

I pre-ordered Origins

I loved the first 2 and enjoyed Black Flag. Haven’t ordered this one yet but it does have my interest giving the time frame of the game.

I did miss AC Black flag. Good to know. I keep looking at this one. I am trying to become a more scrutinizing buyer. Last year I bought so many games I just didn’t like to play or never got to play until way after release. could have paid much less for by the time I did play them. Renovating my home so budget a bit tighter this year.

I agree about waiting on buying games. Did the same thing a couple years ago. Bought a bunch of games at once, then didnt play some of them. I now usually buy single player games way later after release. It makes things cheaper. I have a bunch of stuff to play that ive had for a year. Alien isolation, Mad Max, Shadow of mordor GOTY for 5 bucks. So I’m a patient gamer now. Only thing im really loking to pick up on release is pubg and Red Dead Redemption2.

Black Flag is like 30 bucks now.

Did my daily mission for Reda and received this. Pretty happy

1 Like

I will say about this game, I sign on just to play for a little bit and then hours later…

2 Likes

Yup.

1 Like

Been playing with some of the Hidden Ones DLC tonight. They packed a ton of activities into this one. Question marks everywhere to explore, and those two new high level bounty hunters are a huge pain.