Titanfall 2 Mega Thread

I thought it would make sense to have a Megathread with all the information thats coming out lately so we dont have to go through different topics for info

There you go, thinking again

2 Likes

yep then i realized I can’t move threads around anymore lol

Made it a wiki post. So anyone can add info to the OP.

1 Like

A Different Sort of Pacing
Call of Duty’s campaigns were always fight, after fight, after fight. That’s good for some, but Respawn is looking to tell a proper story. There will be moments with proper narrative, exploration, and time for contemplation.

You’ll Experience It on Your Terms
Titanfall 2 will have some of the standard FPS shooter campaign elements that players would expect – big fights with big titans. But it’s about more than that. Respawn wants the single player to be a cinematic experience that will tell a real story that is worth caring about. You’ll be able to enjoy the story at your own pace, they say. “It’s not a training module for multiplayer”.

A New World
We’ll be going to a place never before seen, the planet Typhon:

In single player, the citizen soldiers of the Militia continue their fight to retake the Frontier. Set against them are the occupying forces of the vast, Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation. Our story begins when the Militia deploys a small fleet to the planet Typhon, in support of a wider offensive push. But not everything on Typhon is as it seems, setting the stage for you and BT to journey through a hostile and strange, yet beautiful world.

The Bond Between Pilot and Titan
Titanfall 2’s story centers around its two main characters: Jack and his titan, BT. BT, of course, will have his own personality and so will Jack. Respawn believes that any two main characters need to have a good relationship to succeed, and to create one they’re allowing players to choose some of their own dialogue. It won’t affect the story, but it will allow you to add you own personal touch into who these characters are.

The Combat
Combat is central and the franchise really has two types of combat – pilot and titan. The single player campaign will strive to give you choice in how you approach each level, putting your playstyle at the forefront:

We have a lot of people here at Respawn who have made what some consider the best single player campaigns in the genre, but we wanted to create something new and fresh, taking full advantage of the gameplay pillars of Pilot mobility, Pilot combat, and Titan combat. That’s why in Titanfall 2, we encourage players to be creative in battle. Some players will want to take a more surgical shooter approach, while others will develop a free-flowing chaotic style, chaining together slides, wall runs, melee executions, and more, mixing it up at high speed. Others will try a blend of techniques. The point is that all these interpretations are valid. You have the freedom to “fight as you will.”

Technical Test starting this weekend on XB1 and PS4 (fuck off PC)

August 19th confirmed

Briefly played the tech test today, got about 3 matches of Bounty hunt in. Won all three and was one of the top scorers(so obviously the game is broken). I have to say i am impressed with it so far, i only played before on the 360 so the graphics to me are much improved. But also seems to be a bit more fluid, even UI wise. What are your thoughts?

Make sure to leave that as feedback so it can be fixed, hopefully by next friday. I find it kind of ironic due to them being called Respawn

1 Like
1 Like

I know right! No one can say they arent taking the game in the right direction in that regard

It’s time for you to meet the Titans with a bit more details, you will be rolling alongside or inside of when Titanfall 2 launches on Xbox next month. First up we have Northstar who will be a great Titan for those who want to get around quickly, but also have sharp aim:

Legion will be looking to control the zones with his defensive and useful crowd-controlling capabilities. Take a look at Legion as he showcases his Ballistic abilities:

A quick mover on the ground, Ronin looks to be a threat at close range with his samurai style of play:

Also relying on accuracy but in a more tactical manner, Tone will be causing havoc for enemies who are in the wrong place at the wrong time:

You may already be able to tell what Scorch is about just from his name. Using fire as his main source for defensive and offensive options, you might want to keep your distance from Scorch’s heat:

Ion has an interesting arsenal and will be using energy management to divert power between his three weapon systems. Take a look at the different weapons Ion has in the sixth and final video:

Titanfall 2 drops on the Xbox One on October 28th.

1 Like

looking forward to playing this as a cod alt. ah who am i kidding im prob going to be on cod mostly but i really do want to play this i like the tech tests gameplay

Yesterday, we met all six Titans that we’ll see in Titanfall 2 when the game launches next month. Today, Respawn have revealed that those titans - and the pilots that control them - will be visually customisable with a variety of skins on offer.

Feel free to take a look at some of those skins in this latest trailer for the game.

1 Like

New Cinematic Trailer

Pilots Take The Spotlight In Titanfall 2’s Latest Video

2 Likes

Gamespot review gave it a 9/10

IGN is still in progress as they evalualte the launch servers but looking good there and have it also at a 9.

1 Like